Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valkyrie Update



There is good news and bad news. First, I must apologize to all the fans out there. There is no footage of Valkyrie foiling under sail, and there never will be, but not due to any problem with Valkyrie. Unfortunately, it was time for me to leave the Caribbean and move back to the suburbs of Southern California and Valkyrie had to be scrapped. That's the bad news. The good news, is that Valkyrie performed almost exactly as hoped. During the last week of testing, in mid Dec. 2010, there were uncharacteristically light winds of less than 12 knots. I always estimated Valyrie would need 12 knots to fly. During several runs, in the gusts, she seemed to "want" to lift but it was never caught on film.

Now, the good news. I have learned so much with Valkyrie, and am so pleased with the successes, that plans for Valkyrie II are in the works. I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment